We are what we do. Collaboratively. Critically. With concerns about the city and its public spaces. About its politics. About its publics. Through Research. Through engagement. The more everyone participates, the more it is Public Interventions.
Public Interventions is led by Catalina Pollak Williamson who is an architect, artist and urban activist working and researching cross-disciplinary processes that use participation and play as methodologies to drive urban and social change. She is particularly interested in the potential of play as a relational process that can contribute to the development of capabilities and civic agency in the production of more empowered and engaged citizens. Through the production of socio-spatial interventions within contested urban contexts, her work invites participation as a form of collective co-production of public space by engaging publics with their social and cultural heritage through the development of new temporary practices of 'commoning’.
- Pollak, Catalina: Outsider: Public Art and the Politics of the English Garden Square, common-editions, London, 2015.
- Phantom Railings - ARQ 88 Heritages/Patrimonios, 2014.
The Gods: Dar Vida a Descalzos
Balcones en Calle Descalzos se convertirán en palcos de teatro para representar la vida de barrio a diario. Diario Navarra, 8 Enero 2019
- Alumnos de la UNAV dan vida a los balcones de la calle de Descalzos de Pamplona. Diario de Navarra, 12 Enero 2019
- Los balcones de Descalzos no son mudos. Noticias de Navarra, 13 Enero 2019.
P | A | N
- Facultad de Artes, Universidad de Chile. 2015
- Consejo Nacional de la Cultura y las Artes, Gobierno de Chile. 2015
The Garden Square Project
- Carol Biederstadt: Railing against the railings. Orwell Society. 2017
- BBC NEWS. 2012
- Lynne Truss: Railing against the system. Daily Telegraph. 2014
- BBC MUNDO. 2012
- ARTISHOCK : Revista de Arte Contemporáneo. 2012
- P.E.A.R. (Paper for Emerging Architectural Research) Magazine 2012
- Institute of Global Prosperity UCL. Soundbite Talk: The production of Play.
- V&A Museum. Practices of Engagement. Arts and Humanities Research Council + Victoria & Albert Museum. Workshop.
- IV Istanbul Design Biennale School of Schools. Selected Proposal.
- University of East London. Conference: Knowledge Exchange 2018.
- TATE Exchange & Counterpoint Arts. Who we are: Art, Migration and the production of Democracy. Exhibit.
- Hacettepe University, School of Social and Political Sciences, Ankara, Turkey.
- XX Bienal Arquitectura y Urbanismo de Chile: Diálogos Impostergables. Exhibit.
- Cities in Transition International Workshop, Ankara, Turkey.
- London Festival of Architecture 2017. Exhibit.
- University of East London. Conference: Knowledge Exchange 2017.
- Royal College of Art, London. Conference: MEDIATIONS, Art, and Design Agency and Participation in Public Space. Exhibit.
- Centre for Urban Conflict Research, University of Cambridge. Workshop: Doing Architectural Research, socio-political perspectives on theories, methodologies & praxis.
- NAVE, Santiago, Chile. Symposia: The return of Art to Public Spaces.
- Architectural Association, London. Outsider book launch and discussion with Rory Hyde, Andreas Lang and Gonzalo Herrero.
- MilM2, Santiago, Chile. Outsider book launch and discussion with Pablo Rivera, Ignacio Szmulevic, Sophie Halart.